Please join us for our next Workshop:
The Employment Standards Act, 2000: Bill 47 and Beyond!
With the introduction of Bill 148, many Ontario employers made significant changes to their workplace policies and practices to comply with the amendments to the Employment Standards Act, 2000 (the “ESA”). Bill 47 will reverse many of those amendments, causing many employers to ask – “what do we do now”?
This half-day workshop covers the new amendments introduced by Bill 47 as well as existing provisions of the ESA where employers are frequently non-compliant. Participants will leave the workshop well-equipped to interpret and apply the ESA in their workplaces.
Applying interactive learning and real life-scenarios, topics include:
- Bill 47: How does Bill 47 amend the ESA; and which Bill 148 amendments remain in force?
- Stop! Before you roll-back policies and practices…: Understand the employment law implications that may be associated with “rolling-back” employment benefits provided under Bill 148.
- Once you’ve decided to roll-back…: How to amend policies and practices in an effective and defensible manner.
- Common ESA Pitfalls: Frequently breached provisions of the ESA and how to stay compliant.
- Preparing for an ESA Audit and Responding to a Claim: What to do!
Monday, December 10, 2018 (Sold Out)
Tuesday, December 11, 2018 (Sold Out)
Friday, December 14, 2018 (Sold Out)
Thursday, January 10, 2019
250 Yonge Street, Suite 3300
Toronto, ON M5B 2L7
(for emergencies our 24 Hour Line is 416.420.0738)
We look forward to seeing you!
* Law Society of Ontario CPD Credits: This workshop may be applied toward general CPD credits.
* HRPAO CHRP designated members should inquire at www.hrpa.ca for certification eligibility guidelines regarding this workshop.