Please join us for our next Workshop:
Accommodation of Mental Disability:
Understanding an Employer’s Rights and Responsibilities
Increasingly, requests for accommodation in the workplace focus on mental, not physical, disability. Yet, understanding when a mental health issue may be a disability and how far the duty to accommodate a mental disability extends can be extremely challenging for an employer.
This practical, half-day workshop provides participants with the knowledge and tools to confidently assess and respond to a request for mental health accommodation in the workplace.
Using interactive learning and real life-scenarios, topics include:
- Mental Disability vs. Workplace Woe: Know when an ailment such as stress and anxiety will (and will not) require accommodation.
- Medical Documentation: Learn how to obtain useful and appropriate medical documentation.
- The Accommodation Process: Understand how accommodation of a mental disability differs from physical disability and explore methods to accommodate mental disability.
- Leaves of Absence and Termination of Employment: Learn when an employer may be justified in placing an employee on a leave of absence or ending the employment relationship for reasons related to a mental disability.
Monday, October 15, 2018 (Sold Out)
Tuesday, October 16, 2018 (Sold Out)
Wednesday, October 17, 2018 (Sold Out)
Monday, October 29, 2018 (Sold Out)
Wednesday, October 31, 2018
250 Yonge Street, Suite 3300
Toronto, ON M5B 2L7
(for emergencies our 24 Hour Line is 416.420.0738)
We look forward to seeing you!
* Law Society of Ontario CPD Credits: This workshop may be applied toward general CPD credits.
* HRPAO CHRP designated members should inquire at www.hrpa.ca for certification eligibility guidelines regarding this workshop.