Please join us for our next Workshop:
BILL 148: Understanding (and Complying) with the New Obligations Under the Employment Standards Act, 2000
Bill 148 introduces significant amendments to Ontario’s Employment Standards Act, 2000 (“ESA”), many of which take effect on January 1, 2018, with others coming into force on April 1, 2018 and January 1, 2019.
This practical, half-day workshop is designed to assist employers comply with the new ESA obligations, using real-life scenarios and interactive learning.
- Equal Pay for part-time, temporary and casual employees: understanding and applying the new law
- Scheduling: policies and practices to comply with the new obligations
- Personal Emergency Leave: integration with existing leave policies and other paid entitlements
- Vacation and Holiday Pay: how to calculate under the new regime
- Critical Illness Leave, Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Leave and (expanded) Pregnancy and Parental Leave: entitlements and obligations
- Record Keeping: what’s new and how to comply
Monday, January 22, 2018 (Sold Out)
Tuesday, January 23, 2018 (Sold Out)
Wednesday, January 24, 2018 (Sold Out)
Thursday, January 25, 2018 (Sold Out)
Friday, January 26, 2018 (Sold Out)
Tuesday, January 30, 2018 (Sold Out)
Wednesday, January 31, 2018 (Sold Out)
Friday, February 2, 2018 (Sold Out)
Monday, February 5, 2018
Tuesday, February 6, 2018
Wednesday, February 7, 2018
250 Yonge Street, Suite 3300
Toronto, ON M5B 2L7
(for emergencies our 24 Hour Line is 416.420.0738)
We look forward to seeing you!
* Law Society of Upper Canada CPD Credits: This workshop may be applied toward general CPD credits.
* HRPAO CHRP designated members should inquire at www.hrpa.ca for certification eligibility guidelines regarding this workshop.