Lauren joined Sherrard Kuzz as a first year summer student in 2016, returned for her second summer and will article with the firm in 2018-2019. She is enrolled in the Juris Doctor program at the University of Toronto, where she has been recognized with several prizes including the:
- Warren Winkler Prize in Labour Law
- Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP Prize for ranking second in second year
- Fay Keen Prize in Family Law
- McCarthy, Tetrault Price for Academic Excellence
- Lily Rubenstein Prize for an outstanding paper on fundamental freedoms.
Prior to attending law school, Lauren graduated with Distinction from the University of Alberta, obtaining a Bachelor of Science in Biology with a minor in business. She then worked for a year as a payroll administrator in the manufacturing industry.
In her spare time, Lauren enjoys taking cooking classes and experimenting in the kitchen.