Please join us for our next HReview breakfast seminar: *
Discipline in the Workplace
Common Issues and Best Practices
Discipline in the workplace can be an employer’s greatest challenge; more so, when complicated by a workplace harassment complaint or human rights consideration. Too often employers feel their hands are tied, preventing corrective action or discipline. In this seminar we explore practical and strategic approaches to address misconduct, poor performance and discipline:
1. When is discipline appropriate?
- Can an employee be disciplined for off-duty misconduct?
- Is there still value in a performance improvement plan?
2. What is the appropriate discipline?
- Mitigating and aggravating factors.
- How to communicate the outcome.
3. Union Representation
- How does this impact the process?
- When (and how) disability, family status or another protected ground influences an employer’s decision-making.
- Can we still use a Last Chance Agreement? If so, when and how?
- Can an employer's duty to ensure a safe workplace justify discipline?
- Can discipline be issued to an employee who makes a harassment complaint?
4. Human Rights
5. Harassment and Conflict
5. Practical tips to ensure the best outcome
(Breakfast at 7:30 a.m.; program at 8:00 a.m.)
We look forward to seeing you!
* Law Society of Ontario CPD Credits: This HReview Seminar may be applied toward general CPD credits.
* HRPAO CHRP designated members should inquire at www.hrpa.ca for certification eligibility guidelines regarding this HReview Seminar.