Please join us for our next HReview breakfast seminar: *
Let’s Talk About Sex:
Workplace Indecencies and Indiscretions
Workplace indecencies and indiscretions, particularly of a sexual nature, can have catastrophic consequences for an employer. Not only do these types of infractions often attract high profile (and unwanted) media attention, they also risk the degradation of workplace morale, company reputation and, by extension, business productivity and success. Join us as we identify issues and best practices relating to:
- What is sexual harassment?
- When is an employer liable for sexual misconduct in the workplace?
- What is the range of penalty?
- Is an anti-fraternization policy a good idea?
- What type of conduct can an employer legitimately prohibit in the workplace?
Off Duty Conduct
- When does sexual misconduct that occurs outside of the traditional workplace become a workplace issue?
- What is an employer’s responsibility when it comes to “sexting”, sexualized emails, and other explicit social media based communications?
- When can an employer discipline or discharge an employee for off duty conduct?
- How should an employer respond to questions from the media?
(Breakfast at 7:30 a.m.; program at 8:00 a.m.)
We look forward to seeing you!
* Law Society of Upper Canada CPD Credits: This HReview Seminar may be applied toward general CPD credits.
* HRPAO CHRP designated members should inquire at www.hrpa.ca for certification eligibility guidelines regarding this HReview Seminar.