Please join us for our next HReview breakfast seminar: *
Out With The Old, In With The New:
2018 Year in Review
What to Expect in 2019…
In 2018 we experienced significant, material change to employment and labour law in Ontario and across Canada and 2019 looks to be more of the same! Join us as we discuss how these changes impact employers as well as proactive steps to minimize the negative effects.
1. Legislative Update: There have been significant changes to employment standards and occupational health and safety legislation in 2018. Are you aware?
2. Drugs and Alcohol: Employers are understandably concerned about the potential impact of cannabis legalization. We will review recent cases on drug and alcohol testing and use in the workplace and how an employer can proactively address this issue.
3. WSIB Update: Learn about the new Chronic Mental Stress policy and how it may impact the handling of workplace harassment claims. We’ll also address changes to WSIB rates and premiums in 2019.
4. Case Law Roundup: A review of some of the most important labour, employment and human rights decisions of 2018 and what they mean for your operations.
(Breakfast at 7:30 a.m.; program at 8:00 a.m.)
We look forward to seeing you!
* Law Society of Ontario CPD Credits: This HReview Seminar may be applied toward general CPD credits.
* HRPAO CHRP designated members should inquire at www.hrpa.ca for certification eligibility guidelines regarding this HReview Seminar.