Most Recent Seminar
THANK YOU to all who attended our most recent HReview Seminar held on
February 27, 2019.
At the seminar we discussed:
Privacy and Surveillance: Understanding an Employer's Rights and Obligations
- Is there is a "Right" to Privacy?
- Privacy legislation and its impact on your workplace
- Unique considerations for unionized employers
- Can an employer monitor an employee's email, internet and smartphone use?
- When can cameras be used in the workplace?
- Surveillance outside the workplace - is it ever appropriate?
- What is an employer permitted to learn about a job applicant?
- Can an employer require access to an applicant's social media account(s)?
- Is an employer permitted to act on what it sees on the social media account(s) of an existing employee?
- Recent trends in discipline and discharge for IT-related misconduct.